Dear Bolinas-Stinson Families,
It is hard to believe we are already approaching the end of the school year! We have many important and fun events ahead, so take a minute to check out all the exciting activities we have planned!
CHECK OUT OUR BSUSD ART DISPLAY AT THE STINSON BEACH LIBRARY, THROUGH MAY
Our Art shop specialists have set up a wonderful display of student artwork in the Stinson Beach Library. The library is open only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and student artwork will be on display through May. Hope you get a chance to visit.
GIVING THROUGH YOUTH, ALL SCHOOL ASSEMBLY, WEDNESDAY, MAY 25, 2022, 1:30-2:00 PM
I hope you can join us tomorrow for the return of this special event! This year, grades 5th-8th participated in the 8th Annual Giving Through Youth Program. This incredible program is made possible through generous donations from the West Marin Fund.
Each grade was given $1000.00 to donate to a local non-profit organization. Students researched, spoke with representatives, and wrote compelling essays to promote their non-profit organization. The students then voted for one recipient at each grade level. The students who wrote essays for the winning recipients will present the non-profit organization with a check for $1000.00 from the West Marin Fund at our school assembly.
I hope you are able to join us for this ceremony and witness the culmination of this amazing program!
Giving Through Youth, All School Assembly Schedule Below:
- 1:30 - Michelle Welcome/Introductions and recognition of program
- Zoe & Jimena: will present on the program/project and importance of philanthropy
- 5th grade: Ruby presents to Point Reyes Dance Palace
- 6th grade: Lila presents to Bolinas Community Land Trust, BCLT
- 7th grade: Mauricio presents to West Marin Scholarship Program
- 8th grade: Will presents to PRNSA, Point Reyes National Seashore Association
- 2:00 - Closing and thanking participants
- 2:10 - All Students Dismissal from Bolinas Campus
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE 40TH ANNUAL BSUSD TRACK & FIELD DAY, THURSDAY, MAY 27TH, 10:40-3:10 PM
Coach Kelly has been working hard with Nate and Mary Siedman to bring our beloved Track and Field Day back to life! All are welcome to come and cheer for our kids as they participate in track races, the long jump, the high jump, and shot put. I hope you are able to join us for the return of this exciting event!
BSUSD Track & Field Day Schedule Below:
- 10:25 - K-1st Students leave Stinson
- 10:35 - K-1st Students arrive Bolinas
- 10:40 - K - 3 Track & Field Events (7th & 8th help?) & Cross Country with Ange
- 11:40 - K -3 Lunch line & eat
- 11:45 - 4 - 8 Lunch line & eat
- 12:30 - Molly McGuire Warm up with K-8
- 12:45 - 8th Grade Torch Run
- 12:50 - 4-8 Track & Field Events (K - 3 Cheering section) or quiet time in library if needed
- 3:00 - Closing & Gather students K - 3, pack-up
- 3:10 - All students dismissed from the Bolinas Campus
50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE BSUSD STUDENT ART SHOW, FRIDAY, JUNE 3RD 4:00-7:30
Our Art Specialists have been hard at work planning for this year’s student art show on the Bolinas Campus. We will be celebrating our retirees with a special potluck event. Please look for the flyer and RSVP to Johanna if you and your family are able to attend. We expect this to be a very well attended and delightful school community event! Please contact Nuria at email@example.com if you are able to help set up or clean up.
8th GRADE GRADE GRADUATION, JUNE 9th, 11:00-12:15 PM
We will celebrate our 8th grade graduates with a special ceremony on the Bolinas Campus. Families of the graduates, staff members and grades K-8 will recognize and honor our graduates at this special event. All students will be dismissed from the Bolinas Campus at 12:15. If you would like to volunteer to help with set up or clean up, please contact Ilie Watterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSUSD SUMMER LEARNING IS BACK!
Our wonderful Education Specialist, Britton Walker, and Learning Center Paraeducator, Katie (Tato) O’Callaghan will be working with classroom teachers to create a list of students for this year’s summer learning program. Students will be invited to participate based on their learning needs and teacher recommendations. If you have questions, please contact Britton Walker at email@example.com.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Wishing you and your family much love and laughter!