Friday Update from Superintendent John Carroll
The Lagunitas and Bolinas-Stinson School District will be providing regular school-related updates related to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We strongly advise that for general pandemic information, people should visit the Marin Department of Public Health website: https://www.marinhhs.org/public-health
Please read the Principal's regular updates for information related to student instruction.
As of Friday, March 20, 2020 :
- Campuses remain closed to everyone except employees designated to provide essential services. Families accessing food service may continue to come to the designated pick up spot but should not stay any longer than necessary.
- The district has distributed a large number of computers to students who would not otherwise have access to the internet for educational purposes. If you need a device, please contact the school office. We are also working to expand internet access where needed throughout the community.
- As of today, we have been directed by Public Health to close playgrounds. The climbing structures, swings, etc. are off limits until further notice. We do not have the capacity to monitor or enforce that rule so please support our efforts by complying voluntarily. Open areas such as fields and paved courts will remain open to small gatherings of people (6 or fewer) who stay at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- We have closed the school office on Mondays and Fridays and will be reducing hours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Support staff will be working from home and will check voice mail and e-mail every day.
- Please continue to do your part to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Stay at home unless absolutely necessary… solo walks or outside activities with small groups staying 6 feet apart are still permitted.
Thank you so much for your support during this time. It is inspiration to see how many of you are taking this seriously and reaching out (virtually) to support one another.