Highlights from the 1/14/2020 Regular Board Meeting
- The Board approved the contract for our new Chief Business Official. Welcome Catherine Hawes!
- Music/Enrichment periods for the rest of the school year will be:
PreK, Kindergarten and Grade 1 will have conga instruction with Jerry BoJeste until the mid-Winter recess; Molly Maguire will provide instruction until Spring Break. Ongoing updates will be forthcoming.
Grade 2: Molly Maguire will provide thematic music instruction aligned with curriculum
Grade 3/4: Anna Tosick will provided instruction on recorders and piano
Grade 5/6: Sara Lieber will provide coding skills
Grade 7/8: Two periods of Spanish will be provided
Irena Eide will provide after-school music on Wednesdays
· The annual school climate survey will be opened on 1/21/2020. Participation from students in grades 3 to 8, All Parents/guardians and staff is necessary.
· The annual school-wide safety plan was approved
· There will be an interviewing committee formed for a Resource Specialist. Per a Board decision the group will consist of: 2 Trustees (Siedman and Marcotte), 3 Certificated staff, 2 classified, 2 parents, 1 principal, 1 superintendent
The next board meeting will be on 2/11/2020