Dear Bolinas-Stinson School Families,
The Bolinas-Stinson Track and Field Day was a huge success! This event was uplifting, heartwarming, and just an all- around good time. A huge thank you to Carlos, our dedicated Physical Education instructor, and all the wonderful volunteers who made this day so special. I have received such an outpouring of positivity around this event, that I just had to share it with you! One parent wrote,
“Carlos has built such a beautiful ceremony into our school year, complete with opportunities for kids who don't always get to be seen as successful to suddenly shine, opportunities for the kids to support and cheer one another on (which they did in spades), chances for parents to mingle casually outside in a positive environment, laugh a little, cry a little, and a rite of passage ceremony for the 8th graders as they prepare to leave the nest. It is a beautiful and tender day and something that is so deeply needed.”
This event brought out the best in our students. They not only demonstrated their amazing athletic ability, but good sportsmanship, friendship, compassion for others, and intrepidness. Both parents and staff were moved to tears at times during the day, as they witnessed great acts of kindness and students going out of their way to support one another during this event.
Staff members have shared the following touching stories demonstrating student kindness and compassion that they witnessed throughout the day.
- A seventh grader, with all the love and sincerity in the world telling a first grader, who was behind 25 yards in the 50 yard dash, “That was great!”
- Kids running with other kids just for encouragement!
- How about the big kids coaching the little kids - melt your heart.
- Second graders running alongside a third grader to support him as he competed, demonstrated the kind of cooperative attitude and team spirit we should recognize.
- A fourth grader, giving another fourth grader a sincere pep talk, before her third attempt on high jump. Then that fourth grader turning around and supporting her classmate on her last lap of the mile.
- Students helping Ben and Marty to measure the shot-put.
- Watching our pre-k students running and picking up a hurdle they bumped off before finishing the race - adorable.
Please help me compile a photo journal of the day to share with the students at an upcoming assembly by sending me any photos that you have or special stories that made the day memorable for you!
Reminder ~ Parent Coffee Chat, Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 9:30 AM in the Bolinas Campus Library
Mark you calendar for our next Parent Coffee Chat on Tuesday, April 23 in the Bolinas Campus Library from 9:30 -10:30 AM. Come on by, grab a quick bite and a cup of coffee or tea! We will be discussing next year’s classroom configurations and teacher placements among other topics. These informal parent meetings help foster open communication and build a strong school community. All are welcome and encouraged to attend. I hope to see you there!
Bolinas-Stinson School Principal